"Confess your sins to each other and pray for each other so that you may be healed. The earnest prayer of a righteous person has great power and produces wonderful results." -James 5:16
At Mwangaza, we know that prayer is the most important key to the success of our ministry. We truly believe that every victory achieved come from God, and because He listens to prayers, we would really welcome your support. Please consider commiting to dedicated directed long-term prayer over Mwangaza in general, as well as in these more specific areas:
- For our staff and volunteers: for health, safety, and that they allow God's desires and love to permeate everything they do
- For the cities we work in: that they would be open and receptive to our continued presence and work there
- For the children in our programs: that they would realize how precious and loved they are, and that God has a special plan for each of them
- For the children not yet in our programs: that they would know they are not forgotten, that God sees and knows them and that they will have their needs met
- For the families involved in our programs: that they would allow God's love to soften their hearts and allow them to become all He wants them to be
- For the leaders in the Democratic Republic of the Congo: that they would see their world through God's eyes and allow God to work through them
- For the country of DRC: that it would become a place of healing and light, and that God would protect it from all evil
Weekly Prayer Requests and Praises from the Mission Field:
News from the Field...
Christmas break is over. Children are back to school. We are praying for a successful second semester for our kids. After school activities resume next week.
Deliveries for this month will start January 19. Our expending programs are bringing new logistical challenges. We are now renting a second 4x4 to do the deliveries so that our first land cruiser can continue to be assigned to areas like Kisenso.
We will be delivering hygiene kits to our girls at the same time as the food deliveries.
A cholera outbreak has been declared in parts of Kinshasa. Two of our orphanages (Matumaini and Enrica) are in the area at risk. We have teamed up with local doctors to teach our kids our to prevent the disease
Our local teams are visiting children in their homes to check on them and their families. This is an essential part of our hope project in the slums.
Your partnership in prayers help us fulfill our mission in the Democratic Republic of Congo. Please consider becoming a prayer partner today!